Monday, August 24, 2009

eating CHOCOLATE under THE TREE behind my HOUSE.


CHOCOLATE by Yasmin Ahmad
A quiet tale that reminds us that, despite the multifaceted contradiction of Malaysia, life goes on, even if not all of it is sweet.

My 2 cents: This piece from Yasmin is really implicit...make me think a lot! For me the Chinese guy is mesmerized by the Malay girl but suddenly distracted by the mother's voice, all thought about racial difference coming back to him which make him become rude to her. Hoping that he left the chocolate so that she will come back to take it....a sweet end!

THE TREE by Amir Muhammad
Malaysia’s most influential spiritual leader Nik Aziz offers commentary on the virtuous and Islamic way to conduct ethical commerce in his inimitable style.

My 2 cents: I expect more from Amir Muhammad but Nik Aziz statement is spot on! but please don't chop down the more forest for agriculture...i love my green buddy whenever i go to camping! Give me soothing effect! More to documentary rather than short film.

HOUSE by Linus Chung
An Indian boy is asked to build a model of his house at school. A tale on the social economic plight faced by many Malaysians.

My 2 cents: 1st of all, why can our dream house is our own house although it is small, dusty and ugly.. but full of love, caring and hope??A mansion full of Ferrari or with helicopter pad doesn't promised you happiness! It it so sad to see the world full of greediness which sometimes comes with lack of heart! Really reminds me of Kg. Buah Pala..hope their problems will be solved and soon get their dream house! This is my favorite so far!


The Making of Chocolate....a tribute to Yasmin.
Yasmin explain about her chocolate.simple
p/s: Syarifah amani is so cute! make me wanna sneeze with you!haha



"Why obliterate hope? Enough of that already" Min

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wahhhh..the dream house caught my attention. sedihhh pun ade. yeah y can't the dream house be our dream house. rumah besar2 n cantik2 pun taleh nak lepak2, makan2 cam 'rumah sendiri'

Unknown said...

I remembered something when I was watching chocolate...when we lived in Canada our closest family friends were this chinese family who went to our church. Essentially, we had nothing in common except that we were non-white. Funny how racial differences are defined by the community we live in. In Canada, anyone who was Asian would do...

Khairul Nizam Kamdi said...

fatimah: we r right! wink!

rachel: pitty right!..but thats how society works i guest!